About Mark Yegge
I’m the Wealth Architect: a fund manager, author, mentor and entrepreneur that helps people create their destiny through different thinking about wealth, passive income and lifestyle. In addition to deconstructing the way that the economy and government affects our investing goals, I am passionate about showing people that the ways that we are “programmed” around money isn’t always best for us.
I am a ‘former’ CEO of a Wall Street firm and I helped create technolgies to usher in the electronic-trading revolution. In short, I love the world of finance and how we can use it to transform our lives.
I have written several books on investing, including my latest book: Hacking Money. Plus, I’ve authored over 10 courses that help people take control of their financial lives.
This page provides a detailed treatment of my ideas, my books, my talks, and my bio. For a more succinct summary of my work and my bio, as well as related resources like author photos and book jacket images, please see my media kit.
For those who are new to my work, I’ve created a short summary of the main ideas I’ve developed and explored in my work over the years.
- Success Mindset: To do anything right in any area of your life, you must learn the right mindset – a success mindset. In investing, a success mindset is about 90% of your result, so we’d better get it right. If you put in the tough work to create your own success mindset, you will see your rewards skyrocket.
- Cash Flow and Passive Income: All investing should lead to some kind of passive income. I don’t believe that a core investing strategy is buy and hold and hope for capital appreciation. I emphasize cash-flow investing where you have the choice of using the cash flow to increase your portfolio, or using it for living. But you have the choice.
- Negotiation and Business: In the end, we are all business-people running our lives and investments in a systematic way (at least we probably should). Since life is a formula, there are ways to run your life like a finely-tuned business machine. So, if your life is a business, shouldn’t you understand how to run it properly? In business, there are processes and ways of doing things right: relationships, finances, communication, etc. The same in life: health, wealth, spirit, fun, happiness. It all works together. In my many years of entrepreneurship, I have learned of critical ways of running business including a fascinating thesis on Negotation, which led me to write one of my first books: Negotiate To Win-Win. I also wrote The Secrets of Business to help people navigate the roadmap of their own entrepreneurial journey.
- 21st Century Learning: Our current education system was created more than 100 years ago, in a bygone era where workers were groomed to occupy industrial jobs. We reward compliance and not innovation. Acceptance of ideas rather than critical thinking. With the advent of knowledge from all over the world, we now have access to new knowledge, and new ways of thinking. It’s time that we embraced that fact.
- Cryptocurrency, blockchain, and cryptoAssets: I think that as long as we have government, we will have corruption on an individual level. In other words, it is too easy to “buy votes” with wasteful programs that don’t benefit accretively to society. That is why over the last thousand years, over 700 fiat currencies have failed – nearly all of them. The recognized currencies of the day are always moving towards their demise. The blockchain is the first technology that has the potential to change the way that we think about money, government, society. We have had revolutions in industry, communication, production, government, consumption, and entertainment. Maybe a revolution in currency is dawning.
Hacking Money: A book about how to think about wealth and a system to create more of it as you accumulate to a goal of passive income creation. Included is a formula to learn, earn, save, invest, and protect your wealth. Since most people are never exposed to critical thinking about money, it’s important to learn how to respect it. I want people to be empowered in their financial lives, so that’s why I wrote this book.
The Secrets of Business: I was the founder and CEO of a Wall Street company that grew from nothing to over $30-million in revenues. I learned a lot along the way, figured out some things, and share them with the reader in this fun and easy-to-read book about money.
Negotiate To Win-Win: I believe in getting what you want, but not while you step on the backs of other people and prevent them from getting what they want. Successful negotiations end in a win-win result that actually can create empowerment on all sides. We aren’t taught how to negotiate, but we do it every day. In this book, my years of research and experience in multi-million dollar business negotiations comes to life as you learn negotiation tactics and how to handle them if they are used against you.
The Cash Flow Machine: My life’s work, developed over 4 decades and $2-million worth of research, learning and trial-and-error. This methodology teaches students how to make safe, reliable income in the stock (and options) market. I even have a documented case study as an auxiliary that shows how I took one of my IRA accounts from a $111,822 starting amount to over $500,000 in 19 months. No more will you have to settle for the typical 10% a year on your investments. There is a better way.
Stock Trade Genius University: “Hey, what stock should I buy? When should I sell?” are typical questions that this course strives to answer. You see, there are characteristics that all great stocks over the last 120 years have exhibited: excellent earnings and sales; superior return on equity; institutional support and more. Put these together and you get the probabilities on your side as you not only choose your stock, but learn how to accelerate its performance within your portfolio.This is a full system structured around one of the most effective investing strategies: breakout (momentum) investing.
Hacking Money Investing System: Starting with the basics of investing and adding in the mindset of investing, this course teaches money philosophy from “the ground up.”